Apply for our Spring Audition! - APRIL 7, 2019
After applying, scroll down to the bottom of this page to sign up for an audition time!
Students in the Youth Orchestras program come from the Fox Valley region and represent the best teaching and talent throughout the area. We are therefore proud to support orchestra and band instruction at all levels. The Youth Orchestras ensembles are open by auditions to Fox Valley area students in April of each year. Please contact the FVS office at 920-968-0300 for additional information or to receive the brochure.
Membership is by audition only. Auditions are open to students who are prepared to make a commitment to an ambitious schedule of rehearsals and performances. Auditions take place at Lawrence University. Auditions are about 10 minutes in length and are heard by the Youth Orchestra music director and the conductors of Concert Orchestra and Philharmonia.
For our Spring Auditions, you must have a 3-minute solo prepared (no accompaniment).
Audition for our Group
- For Youth and Concert Orchestras, the solo should be from either the WSMA Class A solo list, or something equivalent in difficulty and skill.
- For Philharmonia, the solo can be a WSMA Class A or B, or something equivalent in difficulty and skill.
- You will also be asked to play scales, as listed below.
(Entrance auditions are held in the Spring and additional summer/fall auditions are by appointment only.)
Sign up for your audition here!
- Please sign up for an audition time with the correct group below.
- Come prepared with 1-2 minutes of a solo piece you have worked on at school, with a teacher, or with another group.
- We will also want to hear scales.