Apply for your audition at the bottom of this page!
Students in the Youth Orchestras program come from the Fox Valley region and represent the best teaching and talent throughout the area. We are therefore proud to support orchestra and band instruction at all levels. The Youth Orchestras ensembles are open by auditions to Fox Valley area students in April of each year. Please contact the FVS office at 920-968-0300 for additional information or to receive the brochure.
Membership is by audition only. Auditions are open to students who are prepared to make a commitment to an ambitious schedule of rehearsals and performances. Auditions take place at Lawrence University. Auditions are about 10 minutes in length and are heard by the Youth Orchestra music director and the conductors of Concert Orchestra and Philharmonia.
For our Spring Auditions, you must have a 3-minute solo prepared (no accompaniment).
Audition for our Group
- For Youth and Concert Orchestras, the solo should be from either the WSMA Class A solo list, or something equivalent in difficulty and skill.
- For Philharmonia, the solo can be a WSMA Class A or B, or something equivalent in difficulty and skill.
- You will also be asked to play scales, as listed below.
(Entrance auditions are held in the Spring and additional summer/fall auditions are by appointment only.)
Step 1 - Click on button to apply.
Apply for our Spring Audition! - May 16, 2020
Step 2 - Send a video link to FVSyouth@gmail.com by May 16, 2020
- Current Students: If you are in one of our ensembles currently, you are automatically IN for next season. No need to audition at this time. We will be doing chair auditions in the fall. (this includes all current Youth winds, brass, and percussion)
- NEW APPLICANTS: If you are new to our group, or in a group and would like to move up to the next group (Philharmonia to Concert, Concert to Youth), you will need to submit a video audition.
- None of the audition requirements have changed, so please submit a 2-3 minute solo and scales for us to consider.
- Send a link to your video no later than May 16 to FVSyouth@gmail.com
- You can put your video into a google drive, dropbox, or any other program you are currently using for online storage, as long as you make sure we have permission to view it. We will let you know when we receive the file, or if we have any trouble accessing it.
- We will also have an additional audition in the fall for new members or anyone not able to audition in the spring. You MAY NOT audition more than once. In other words, if you don't have a successful audition in the Spring, you can't try again in the Fall.
- We will send all results by the end of May.