Sign up for our Fall Audition below!
Video submission deadline is September 24th!
(Only students auditioning for the first time in the season are eligible)
Students in the Youth Orchestras program come from the Fox Valley region and represent the best teaching and talent throughout the area. We are therefore proud to support orchestra and band instruction at all levels. The Youth Orchestras ensembles are open by auditions to Fox Valley area students in April of each year. Please contact the FVS office at 920-968-0300 for additional information or to receive the brochure.
Membership is by audition only. Auditions are open to students who are prepared to make a commitment to an ambitious schedule of rehearsals and performances. Auditions take place at Lawrence University. Auditions are about 10 minutes in length and are heard by the Youth Orchestra music director and the conductors of Concert Orchestra and Philharmonia.
For our Spring Auditions, you must have a 3-minute solo prepared (no accompaniment).
Audition for our Group
- For Youth and Concert Orchestras, the solo should be from either the WSMA Class A solo list, or something equivalent in difficulty and skill.
- For Percussion: Should prepare two solos from WSMA Class A solo list, or something equivalent in difficulty and skill, for both snare drum and a mallet instrument of their choice such as xylophone, vibraphone or marimba.
- You will also be asked to play scales, as listed below.
(Entrance auditions are held in the Spring and additional summer/fall auditions are by appointment only.)
Sign up now for your Summer audition!
- Fill out your application - click here!
- Send in your audition video by noon on Friday, September 24th.
- You can send in one video with scales and solo, or send in two separate videos. Please put your last name in the file name!
- You will receive a confirmation email with the link to submit your audition video.
- Our conductors will review all applications and videos and we will be in touch with results by the end of the first week of August or earlier if submitted prior to deadline.
Please note we are planning on being in person again in September, with rehearsals taking place from 3:00-5:15pm on Sundays at Appleton North High School. If this needs to change due to school restrictions, we will let you know as soon as possible.