Single tickets go on sale Aug. 25
August 19, 2008
Appleton -- Single concert tickets go on sale Monday, Aug. 25 for the 2008-09 Fox Valley Symphony Season, led by Music Director Brian Groner.
The season features a variety of guest artists and music styles:
• Oct. 4: Russian pianist Alexander Kobrin, winner of the coveted Gold Medal at the 12th Van Cliburn International Piano Competition, will play Ravel and Beethoven.
• Nov. 8: Guitarist Robert Belini′c will join the FVS in a concert devoted to “loves’ passions.” Born in Croatia, Belini′c is a Young Concert Artist winner.
• Jan. 31: Jazz trumpet virtuoso Byron Stripling and other jazz artists will join the FVS in a tribute to Louis Armstrong.
• April 4: Violinist Wen-Lei Gu, an assistant professor of music at Lawrence University, will perform a work by Paganini.
• May 16: George Bizet’s Carmen, the opera by George Bizet, will close the season and features professional opera stars and the White Heron Chorale, directed by Rick Bjella.
Individual concert tickets may be purchased at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center ticket office or by calling (920) 730-3760.
In addition to the regular subscriber concerts, three special concerts will be part of the FVS’ 2008-09 season. The family-favorite Holiday Pops will help ring in the season on Thursday, Dec. 4 at the Pickard Auditorium in Neenah. A new chamber music concert and wine tasting – Une Fête des Vins – will be held on Saturday, March 7 at the Appleton Art Center. Our Kids’ Classics Concert will be held at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 24 at the Fox Cities Performance Arts Center. This exciting interactive concert features the Fox Valley Symphony and showcases the FVS Young Artist Festival Soloist Winner. Contact the FVS office at (920) 968-0300 to purchase tickets for these shows.
The Fox Valley Symphony’s mission is to enrich and nurture the human spirit through symphonic music and educational opportunities than enhance the cultural development of our community. Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is the season underwriter and Time Warner Cable, DMiNTERACTIVE and WBAY-TV are season media sponsors. The season is also sponsored in part by funds from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and by grants from the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region. The FVS sponsors two youth orchestras, the Youth Symphony and Philharmonia Strings, who perform fall and spring concerts. In addition to the season concert series, the orchestra performs an education concert for students enrolled in the Partners in Education program. For more information, please visit the FVS online at www.foxvalleysymphony.com.