- Job Announcement PDF
The Development Director, a full-time position, helps to build the Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra's (FVSO) capacity for future growth through the planning an implementation of all fundraising activities, including annual giving, corporate sponsorships, planned giving, capital campaigns, special event sponsorships, grant applications and new initiatives.
- Provide the strategic direction in planning, implementing and leading all aspects of the FVSO annual giving, special event and pending capital/endowment campaign
- Initiate, grow and sustain relationships with individual, business and foundation donors at all levels, with intensive focus on personal visits and personalized cultivation/solicitation plans
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and upgrade donors and prospects in the $1,000 to $100,000 range
- Manage and inspire the Board of Directors fundraising efforts. Serve as the staff lead for the Partners Committee, attend Board meetings, and partner with Board members in shared fundraising goals
- Plan, oversee and implement donor cultivation/stewardship events
- Oversee efficient operations of the development function at the FVSO: timely acknowledgment and processing of gifts, tracking of progress to budget (income and expense), organization of internal systems and fundraising database management, consistent and comprehensive communication plans with donors, preparation of written proposals, donor-centric materials and other documents required to secure charitable contributions
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking in the setting of goals and accompanying action plans
- 3 - 5 years' experience with demonstrated success in personally securing gifts in the range of $1,000 - $100,000
- Proven success in engaging key stakeholders, Board members, donors and prospective donors
- High degree of initiative, excellent attention to details, ability to work as a team and also lead
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- The willingness to work evenings/weekends to attend FVSO performances and represent the FVSO at events
- Knowledge of the Fox Cities philanthropic community is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and donor software database programs
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Commensurate with experience
The Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra (FVSO), now in its 52nd year, is one of the largest community arts organizations in northeastern Wisconsin. The FVSO supports the Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra, a regional orchestra that performs at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center and other regional venues presenting outreach concerts and activities. The FVSO also supports three Fox Valley Symphony Youth Orchestras.
Please submit your resume (or CV) with cover letter describing your interest, relevant qualifications and a list of three professional references to: Development Director Search - email@example.com
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: June 10, 2019
The Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, general identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or accommodation, due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you may call us at (920) 968-0300.
For questions or more information please fill out our Contact Form.