Fox Valley Symphony to Showcase Local Photographers
February 8, 2011
Appleton, WI (February 2, 2011) – The Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra Association is offering local photographers the spotlight with a landscape photo contest. The contest is open to the public and coincides with the Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra’s May 7 season concert. The FVSO will perform Ansel Adams: America, written by Chris and Dave Brubeck, and Adams’ photography will accompany the piece as projected on a large screen over the stage.
Wisconsin residents are encouraged to submit up to four landscape photos for consideration. All entries will be shown on the stage screen prior to the May 7 concert at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center. Contest photos will be judged by local experts and the winner will receive two season tickets to the 11-12 Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra Season and a membership to the Trout Museum of Art.
Contest judges include Brian Groner, Music Director of the Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra, Glen Hartjes, Photographer from Image Studios, Alison Fiebig, Assistant Editor of Fox Cities Magazine, Julia Schnese, Graphic Designer of Fox Cities Magazine and Mark Wallenfang, Photographer and Owner of Shooting Star Photography.
Click here to print this article.
- Entries must be received by April 25, 2011
- All contestants must be Wisconsin residents.
- Please limit entries to FOUR photos per household.
- All entries must be emailed to email@example.com
- Acceptable formats include jpg and bmp (No prints, please.)
- The photo must, in its entirety, be a single work of original material taken by the contestant.
- Submission of the photo allows Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra Association (FVSOA) to publish the photo on stage at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, and online with Facebook, Twitter and Symphony e-blasts without compensation to either the contestant or FVSO.
- The FVSOA may use the photo in connection with the contest and promotion of the contest for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes.