Community Foundation Supports FVS Partners in Education Program
March 2, 2011
Community Arts Fund grants support 14 projects
APPLETON, Wis. – A film festival, dueling pianists, singing pirates and dancing animals are all among 14 grants totaling $29,595 awarded to local arts organizations in February from the Fox Valley Community Arts Fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region.
The arts programs selected are supported cooperatively by a Wisconsin Arts Board grant and a local match that has been provided since 2005 by the Community Foundation, a Fox Cities-based nonprofit founded 25 years ago that helps people provide long-term support for favorite charities through endowments and other charitable funds.
The grants were awarded to:
- Appleton Boychoir, fees for a composer and artist to train choir members for “Live the Drum” concert, April 29 at the Lawrence University Chapel, $1,000.
- Bergstrom Mahler Museum, for an artist to teach at-risk students how to create a family storybook for the “Artists, Books and Community” exhibit, April 9-June 26, $1,000.
- Calumet County Agricultural Association, appearance at the Calumet County Fair of “Michael and Amy’s Dueling Piano Show,” Labor Day weekend, $2,500.
- Fox Cities Book Festival Inc., 2011 Book Festival, April 11-17, $3,500.
- Fox Valley Symphony Orchestra, “Partners in Education” concert, March 7 at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, $2,000.
- Glacierland Resource Conservation and Development Inc., a butterfly mosaic in Appleton’s Arbutus Park, $2,000.
- Jazz Corner Society, Fox Jazz Fest 2011, Sept. 3-4 in Menasha’s Jefferson Park, $3,500.
- Kaukauna Area School District, Alternative Styles Strings Camp, June 13-17, $1,095.
- Lawrence University, Latin American Chamber Music Festival in October, $2,000.
- Makaroff School of Ballet Ltd., production of “The Brementown Musicians,” May 21-22, UW-Fox Valley, $2,500.
- Opera for the Young Inc., Fox Valley tour of “The Pirates of Penzance,” $2,500.
- Toward Community: Unity in Diversity, NEW World Cinema, an international film series with discussion, $1,500.
- Very Special Arts of Wisconsin, VSA Choir of Appleton, $1,000.
- Wildwood Productions Inc., 2011 Wildwood Film Festival, a festival of films with ties to Wisconsin, March 26, Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, $3,500.